au2mator Self Service Portal is Multi-Language ready, and a User can choose his language on the “My Profile” Page
You can also predefine the Language for each User in Active Directory, follow the steps to solve.
- Set the AD Value “preferredLanguage” with the corresponding, 4-digit Language Culture Name
- Navigate to Settings / General
- Activate “Use Preferred Language”
- Once a user is logging in, we will set the Language of the au2mator Portal to the corresponding value of “preferredLanguage.”
The User then can overwrite the selected language by navigating to the “My Profile” page and selecting a different Language.
This selection is then saved to the au2mator Database and overwrites the “preferredLanguage” from Active Directory.
The User can also “Reset” the chosen language by pressing the button on the “My Profile” page.
The fallback language is always English.
Here is a list of our supported Languages with the corresponding Language Code.
Our Portal has the following Logic to determine the Language from the Value of “preferredLanguage”
“preferredLanguage” is equal to “DE-AT” we show German, as the Code is “DE”
“preferredLanguage” is equal to “DE-CH” we show German, as the Code is “DE”
“preferredLanguage” is equal to “EN-US” we show English, as the Code is “EN”
“preferredLanguage” is equal to “EN” we show English, as the Code is “EN”
So we always check the First two letters, if those match the Code, and show the Portal in the appropriate language
If this is not working like expected, please make sure
- Make sure if the Option “Use Preferred Language?” on the Settings Page is configured as you like.
- Be sure you are using the correct Value for the “preferredLanguage” in Active Directory. See our Table on Top
- Since 3.0
- Help to improve the Language, au2mator on Localazy: Translations – au2mator | Localazy
- Looking for additional Features/Languages: Feature-Request – au2mator – Self Service Portal